Voron v2.4 & Switchwire 4.3" Touchscreen Mount
Inspired by Roboticator's excellent 4" touchscreen mount, I wanted to use a capacitive touchscreen and a DSI connection instead.
This mod mounts a Waveshare 4.3inch Capacitive Touch Display purchased from Amazon. The screen is oriented at a 60 degree angle keeping the height the same as a standard skirt.
|M3 X 8 SHCS/BHCS Screw||3||2.4 only|
|M3 X 16 SHCS/BHCS Screw||2||Switchwire only|
|M2 x 10 Self Tapping Screws||2||Optional|
|M2.5 Screws||4||Included with screen|
|DSI Cable||1||Long enough to reach your Pi|
- Print 1 * faceplate and 1 * screen_mount
- Print using standard Voron part settings and in the orientation used in the STL
- No supports required, but there is one bridge in the mount, the bottom layer of which is not in view once installed
- Voron logo is inset .2mm intentionally to force the solid infill around the hex. You should not need to support this.
- Use concentric infill for the bottom layer for a different effect
- Attach the screen to the mount using 4 x M2.5 screws that were included with the screen
- Ensure the screen slid as high on the mount as possible
- Slide the faceplate onto the screen from the bottom (for switchwire from top), ensuring the sides remain latched behind the PCB
- Fasten the mount
- Fasten the mount to the bottom extrusion in place of the spec LCD/mount
- You may need to leave the screen screws slightly loose to ensure the M3 screws clear it. Ensure to tighten afterwards.
- Screw the mount at the same grill position as the 12864 display
- Slide the faceplate up until it is flush to the extrusion
- Optional: Secure the faceplate with (2) 2 x 10 self tapping screws through the tabs on each side
- Connect your DSI cable